Wind, Fire, Fragrance & Car Accidents Why does God do this?
We have seen our Lord come in a variety of ways to love His people out of hard things in life. The ways the Holy Spirit has come in many of our gatherings astounds us. We hope that you are amazed by His goodness as you continue to read these stories.
Why does God do this?
One of many reasons, I am sure you will agree, is to simply remind us of Jesus’ love for us. He loves us like crazy! His character towards us demonstrates how He has our very best in mind. We would do well to grasp this realism.
Another reason is to expose His people to His power and authority, “on earth as it is in heaven.” A moment in His presence will often mess with and properly adjust perceptions and paradigms of our thinking–how we view God.
Here are several ways (there were many more) heaven came in October and November during our home encounters:
- A man experienced a wind blow on his face and chest as he sat in his seat. At that moment fire started in his belly. It began to elevate up through his chest, throat and head, leaving out through the top of his head. After this experience he reported feeling lighter with a sense of freedom. The buildings lights had also become brighter in that moment.
- A woman seated on the front row smelled a sweet oil, mixed with spices come by her two times. The second time the fragrance came by her, she was healed of all back pain. She had been in pain up till that moment.
- A tall gentleman experienced a pressure deep within his being which began to surface. With a rush it came up and out of his body in a loud voice. In a moment it was gone. He had a life altering trauma as a young teenager. Decades later and now retired, his mind is free, quiet and at peace for the first time.
- A woman had a knot or hard calcified lump on the back of her neck from a car accident dating back to the 1970’s. During the gathering, she discovered she was not able to remain standing in the presence of the Holy Spirit’s power. When she was able to regain her strength and stand to her feet once again, the solid knot in her neck had instantly disappeared including decades of neck pain and/or discomfort.
- A teenage young man began to shake. After the shaking subsided, the powerful pull in his thoughts of committing suicide that week had vanished.
- A man tells of experiencing electricity going through his body yet “without being shocked.” During this mans encounter with the precious Holy Spirit and His power he experienced heat, electrical current and the inability to remain standing in His presence.
- Two 12 year old boys and a 10 year old girl at a Sought Out Home Encounter were taken into visions. They had never experienced anything like this before. Detailed and meaningful, the presence of the precious Holy Spirit was leading children into new dimensions. Later that evening the girl experienced the baptism of the Holy Spirit with a new personal prayer language. A day later her younger sister asked to receive what her older sister had received and was also baptized in the Holy Spirit in their home! Grandma reported that revival has begun in their home!
Why does God do this?
Those observing and those touched by God’s power agree that God is amazing in his love! That is why God does this! He desires for us to know Him and experience Him. His invitation to know Him and meet with Him is unprecedented to mankind. How should we respond? First, Hebrews 11:6 says we must come in faith that He exists which pleases God and that He rewards those who diligently seek Him. Therefore our response to His invitation is surely “Yes Lord!” We are stunned at the thought of Your invitation and come with great expectation!
How do we invite these types of miracles into our lives?
Here are a few tips:
- Be expectant.
- Know that God is good
- Trust His Holy Spirit
- Be patient
- Be looking
- Hearts clean (Ps 24)
- Receive His goodness His way
- Love Him back not only for what He has done, but for who He is
Come join us as we meet with Him expectantly!